Pay Special Attention to Damage in Cold Weather
Tips to protecting your windshield this winter
When a windshield isn’t installed correctly it puts your safety at risk and other drivers around you on the road. A windshield helps maintain the integrity of your vehicle’s frame and also prevents your roof from collapsing in the event of an accident.
If you notice any of the following signs below, take your vehicle back to who installed it immediately.
- Water Leaks Around the Edges: When it’s raining or if your vehicle is being washed, you may notice water seeping though the edges. It may be just a few drops, but any moisture seeping though is a major sign that your windshield wasn’t installed correctly.
- You Hear Air Coming Through: When driving, especially on the highway you hear a whistling noise. It should sound as if your door window wasn’t rolled up all the way. It might be a quiet noise, but defiantly a big problem.
- Glass Looks Wavy: If you see any imperfections on your glass, then its a sign the glass installed may be low quality, or has defects. Glass with waves on it will effect your ability to see especially when the sun light reflects off of it or a on coming vehicles headlights.
- It’s Not Flush With The Cars Frame: If you noice the windshield is either poking out the side edges, or is not sitting flush in place then it was not installed correctly. This is a sign the windshield obviously was not installed correctly, but could also be the wrong fitting windshield.
- You Hear Rattling Noises: When you hit a bump on the road do you hear a rattling noise, or notice the windshield shake? If there is a strange rattling noise its a sign your windshield is loose in it’s frame.
- The Old Adhesive Is Still There: During any new windshield installation, the old molding should be scraped away and new adhesive should be installed. If the installer didn’t scape away the old molding or just put new adhesive on top of the old, then your windshield will not be weatherproofed.
GIVE US A CALL: You can book an appointment easily online or simply call us at 210-680-2551. The best park is we can come to you and meet you at your home or work.